The problem with Omega 3 production
Omega supplements are well known for their health benefits and the market for Omega 3 supplements continues to grow.
The problem we face is that most of the Omega 3 supplements are sourced from wild caught fish, adding to our sustainability problems.
It's little known that fish do not produce Omega 3 fatty acids. Instead, they accumulate them in their tissue from the algae they eat.
How are we solving it?
We will be producing Omega 3 supplements sourced directly from the algae we cultivate.
This is clearly the most sustainable method of producing Omega 3 supplements.
What are the benefits?
- No fish killed
- No competition for arable land
- No agricultural inputs required
- A high quality product produced
- Manufactured under controlled conditions in a clean environment
- Provides employment in the new bio-economy